Skip to main content

The fun is when the scent comes from your 'character'...

 

’ Scent’.....

Amay came home. He put the laptop bag in the designated corner of the cabinet in the hall. He kept his car key, house key, wallet, wristwatch and a pen stuck in his pocket in his top drawer. Leaving the buttons on the sleeves of the full shirt, he folded the sleeves to the corners. Loosening his tie knot, he sat down on the sofa and called out Amay ... "Abha ... I'm coming". And once again it came to his mind ...

Hearing Ameya's voice, his wife Abha ... and their 12 year old Lake Asma came out from inside. Asma went and sat down, sitting next to her dad ... and Abha brought water from a jug placed on the table for Amay from a glass. Ameya drank a little water ... handed the glass to Leki and said ... Swollen cheeks, sniffing nose ... Asma got up with a glass and banged on the mobile in Baba's pocket, ran inside. Amay looked at Abha smiling a little ... and asked her ... "So how was your day wife ... all settled?". Abha came and sat beside Ameya, she said ... "Chandigarh is so beautiful Ameya ... I feel very good here now. This city accepted me completely in just three months ". Ameya smiled and held Abha's hand in hers, and asked her ... "What is that NGO saying when you go?". Abha covered Amay's hand with her other hand, she said ... Today we went to an old age home to visit. We stopped there ... chatted with all those grandparents ... distributed warm clothes ... and returned with a lot of their blessings ".

Amay nodded and applauded Abha, and said ... "Great dude ... keep yourself busy in such social affairs Abha. And remember what I told you Already. Don't sell your time and services ... Do it honor. "Everybody in the house sells himself a little every day." Abha got up from her seat saying "Yes" ... and said ... "Ameya, get fresh ... Swapak is ready.

At that moment, Ameya felt something around her ... very familiar. But he did not know exactly what it was. Ameya got up from the place thinking, went inside to freshen up. He put both hands on his nose and mouth to block the sneeze. The sneeze returned without coming out, but Ameya started smelling his hands - fingers. "This smell ... why this smell? ... Solid is familiar ... Same ... Ditto the same smell ... There is something connected with my childhood ... But what exactly?". With this in mind, Ameya washed her hands, feet and face and went to put on a night dress. After changing his clothes ... As per his daily routine, Ameya, standing in front of the deity, greeted the photo of the deity. Coming out into the hall, he also greeted the photos of his parents ... and there was a convincing link to it, with the smell of that magha.

 

"Mom ... Yes ... Mom. When I was very young ... I mean, from the age of five or six, until I was ten or twelve years old, we used to go with my mother ... everywhere, turmeric - kunkwala. Everybody used to call us mother's tail She used to go every year. Pradhanbai used to put perfume on her hands. I used to rub her hands on each other ... I used to smell them so much that I used to volunteer to touch the hands of the women who came to me. It was the same scent ... Am damn sure. Smell after so many years ... I mean, after almost thirty years, how did you get your fingers? "

Ameya's thought cycle was going on, he remembered ... he was holding Abha's hand. He hurried to the aura of growing leaves ... and took both her hands in his, took them off and carried them near his nose ... Ameya started smelling. And once again it was filled with the well-known scent of Urat Ameya's, Pradhanbai's perfume. Not knowing exactly what Ameya's action was, Abha asked him with some surprise ... "What the heck ... what happened?". Amay asked Abha ... "Abha ... this fragrance that comes to your hands ... this fragrance ... what did you put on your hands?". Abha also smelled her hands ... and she remembered something and said ... "Oh yes ... I didn't tell you ... that we went to an old age home today. She had a perfume bottle ... We used to put perfume on every worker from it. And you know what ... She was a very good Marathi. Actually I was not expecting any Marathi grandmother here in Chandigarh's old age home. So I tried to talk to them. But I came to know that, she lost her memory long back ".

Ameya hurriedly asked Abha ... "Abha ... what did that grandmother look like? Abha said Absolutely ... except that long hair ... Babakat was his. But why are you asking? ... What happened? ”Ameya was well rested now. He looked at Abha and said ... Take Asma too. I'll tell you everything in the car ... so don't ask anything ... just live ". Abha didn't ask any questions then.

The train reached the door of the old age home, within thirty five minutes. After getting out of the car, Abha was now just as eager to meet Ameya ... after hearing everything from Ameya. Talking to the authorities of the old age home, Ameya explained everything to them in detail. He was then asked to sit in the lobby ... Grandma was called. As soon as she came in front, the same fragrance of perfume was wafting around her. Ameya was convinced by the look in her grandmother's eyes that she was the Prime Minister. Eighth to tenth who has ... chemistry and algebra tuitions, going to Ameya. Sanket Dada's mother, who lives in the same building as Amay's mother's friend ... that is Amay's Pradhanbai. Amay's eyes filled with tears ... and he tried desperately to identify her to the left. But six ...

It was very dry, those big eyes today. Without giving up, Ameya started talking ... "Lady ... please try to remember. Hey, all of us ... even your family members think that during the 'Kailash Manas Sarovar Yatra', the landslide that happened to Malpa ... you Gone. You searched a lot. Yes, Sanket Dada ... but he did not find you. Calling Dada immediately ... calling him here immediately. He will be very happy ... when he finds out that his mother is alive ".

As soon as Ameya wiped her full eyes, she signaled to pick up the mobile ... and at that moment a wrinkled, green vein appeared, a thin gorapana hand ... fell on Ameya's hand. Amay looked up ... Both of Aji's blue pools were full now. Looking at Amey alone, my grandmother said ... And the shock was read. It was a very bad situation, for all of us who survived. That's where one day my son signaled ... stood up and came in front of me ... looked at me for two minutes ... joined my hands and walked away.

I could not cry, I could not cry. After six months, my reading came back ... and I was the first to cry heartily. Here and there, after two years, a good family brought me to the ashram here and released me. I have lived here for the last twenty years. There is no money to pay, so Ikad is doing a little work. It shows amnesia so no one should ask about my family. And if you look at it that way, isn't that true? Somewhere past me where the rest. I wiped the plate with my stomach. Life insurance policy money ... and a government job in a PT case ... is not enough ... to make someone extremely ungrateful.

I'm glad to see you baby ... no one could bring my blood to me ... but I just brought my perfume here. So come and see me as soon as you can. Eyes are also waiting for someone, that's what I forgot in so many years ". 

After saying so much, Aji would turn around and go away, the same Ameya said ... , Mumbai will not do it. I will do all the paperwork here about getting your custody. Will you accompany us to our ... I mean your home? ".

Pradhanabai put the padra on her mouth, put it on her mouth ... and she started crying. Ameya, Abha, Asma ... all three of their foundations fell. Ameya said with folded hands ... "I will come soon to take you from here ... forever". 

Her tears were flowing like grandmother's perfume now. Looking at the grandmother walking behind ... Ameya remembered the lion she heard somewhere ...

'Perfume is not a big deal.

The fun is when the scent comes from your character '.

Comments